Lavender bath salts recipe, so easy to make and so lovely to use.
1 cup epsom salts
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup dried lavender
Mix all the ingredients in a dry bowl.
Store in an airtight container.
Super easy ingredients for such great benefits.
Lavender is excellent for stress relief but used as lavender bath salts also have other benefits such as:
- Improving circulation and relaxing muscles.
- Aids nutrient absorption.
- Can relieve headaches and joint pain.
- Is good for eczema, skin problems, skin reactions and acne.
- Can help hydrate the skin.
- Aids mineral absorption and improve sleep.
- Can speed up wound healing.
- Stress relief.
I personally use mason or preserving jars as I love seeing the bath salts in glass jars looking pretty in the bathroom.
Why not include some lovely lavender scented beeswax candles to your bath time too, or light it after your bath whilst enjoying a hot chocolate (or glass of wine) for relaxation?
What is your favourite bath scent?
You can add essential oils to the bath salts. A lot of recipes online add the oils direct to the bath salts however, this can cause an adverse reaction as the oil is not diluted. Follow guidelines when using essential oils and check if they need to be diluted.