After many hours of searching online at different cameras and reading many reviews I finally opted to buy the Canon EOS 1300D DSLR Camera. I’m very excited about it and over the moon that I finally made my decision and chose a camera to suit my needs.
I prefer to support local businesses whenever possible and found a reasonably local camera shop. After a quick phonecall to check stock and prices I reserved one to pick up.
The evening I got the camera I spent a good while reading the instruction manual as soon as the kids were in bed. I formatted the SD card, took lots of random pictures in different settings and can honestly say that I am absolutely delighted with my new camera.
I took it to the beach for a day which also included icecream and a trip to a friends and managed to take over 300 photos. Mr P hardly got a look in but he too is rather quietly excited about our new piece of technology.
Things to consider if you are looking to buy a camera I would suggest the following:
- Work out your budget – it could be worth saving more money and waiting a little longer so you have a camera you are happier with.
- Do your research – spend time looking at different models, makes and most importantly plenty of reviews.
- Don’t make an immediate decision. If you are spending your hared earned money then get the right camera for you and your needs as it may be years before you upgrade.
- Decide who will be handling your camera and what styles of photography you eant to do now and anticipate doing in the future.
- Speak to friends and family for their opinions, everyone will have an opinion especially regarding brands. Bear in mind though that whatever camera they have could well be somewhat older than models you are looking at. Brands make modifications and improvements.
- Let it be your choice.
If you are ready to go shopping here’s a link for you http://amzn.to/2oZ5rRx
Canon EOS 1300D Specifications:
- 18 megapixels
- Sensor size & type: APS-C / 22.3 X 14.9mm CMOS sensor
- Standard ISO range: 100 – 6400
- Built in WiFi and NFC
- 3″ / 76.2mm LCD screen
The images I have captured are distinctive and detailed in any light. It can also create beautiful background blur, my favourite setting being portraits.
Wi-Fi with NFC makes it simple to connect to the smart device, capture shots remotely, then share or back up my creations.
Shoot beautiful Full HD movies and create a montage of clips using Video Snapshot, although admittedly I tend to edit videos using windows movie maker as this is what I am used to using.
Other specs I have not used yet are the creative filters or the really manual settings, in time I will have a look at how to use them but the Auto button takes great pictures, it has fast auto focus with 3 fps shooting and I have had great success with the macro, food, sports and landscape settings as well as my favourite portrait setting.
I bought the 18-55mm IS, a great all rounder lens which suits me for now.
The Canon EOS 1300D camera itself feels like really nice quality. It’s so easy to handle. The lens is easily removed and changed (I practised in the shop) and I’m really pleased I invested in a tripod and I more than love the way my kids know not to touch it!
Don’t just take my word for it being an awesome camera, check out other reviews too.
If you liked the review or want to add to it then please use the comments.
Why not share your top tips on camera buying?
What camera is on your wish list?
My wish list is for the CANON G7X next for vlogging although by the time I get round to saving my pennies it will probably be a different newer model!
This review is my own opinion. I saved and paid for this camera myself.
This blog post contains an affiliate link.