This chocolate cake pudding is lovely, a little different than traditional chocolate cake and a tasty, slightly stick to your teeth kind of pudding. Great served with or without cream or icecream.CHOCOLATE CAKE PUDDING PRINTABLE
4oz Digestive Biscuits, crushed into crumbs
4oz Soft Brown Butter
5oz Self Raising Flour
1oz Cocoa Powder
1/4 Pint Milk
- To make the biscuit base melt the butter and stir in the crushed digestive biscuits.
- Grease a loose bottom or spring sided cake tin and line with greased greaseproof paper.
- Press the biscuit mix into the bottom of a the cake tin.
- In a bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour in the milk and beat well.
- Pour into the cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350°C, 175°F or gas mark 4
- Leave to cool either completely or just enough to take out and eat warm! Enjoy.
I’ve been making this recipe for years now. The chocolate cake part of the pudding is not quite like the traditional Victoria sandwich cake. It’s got a chocolate fudge kind of taste and sticks to your teeth in a yummy way as it’s sort of dry rather than moist but super tasty!!
It’s a really easy recipe and I love to get the kids baking with me on this one.
This chocolate cake pudding is a cross between a cheesecake because of the base and a chocolate cake. I’m a lover of chocolate and this really hits the spot. It’s not too sweet and works well as a snack as well as a pudding served with cream or vanilla icecream.