A great recipe all year round. Want to impress family or friends? These frozen strawberry and raspberry pots will do the trick nicely.
Super tasty and made with fresh fruit. You can change the berries in these popsicles if you like, why not try adding blueberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries or whatever berry you fancy!
FROZEN BERRY POT RECIPE PRINTABLE
100g ginger biscuits
405g can condensed milk
500g mixed strawberries & raspberries
500g natural Greek yoghurt
You will also need:
8 paper cups
8 wooden lolly sticks
- Blitz the biscuits into crumbs using a food processor.
- Add 2T of condensed milk & blend together.
- Divide the biscuit crumbs into the paper cups pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Roughly chop the strawberries. Put half the strawberries & raspberries into the food processor with the remaining condensed milk & yoghurt & blend until smooth.
- Remove the blade & add the remaining berries and stir through.
- Divide the mixture into the paper cups.
- Put a popsicle stick into each cup gently pushing down into the biscuit base to help it stand up straight.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Once frozen and ready to serve tip the cup upside down and gently squeeze the cup until the lolly slips out.
As far as frozen yoghurts or icecream goes, these frozen strawberry & raspberry pot somehow feel healthier. My kids loved them, as did I. These frozen yoghurt popsicles look like mini cheesecakes and are really quite easy to make. I couldn’t make up my mind which was my most favourite bit, the ginger biscuit base or the frozen yoghurt….. I’m still undecided!
Make sure that you have enough space in your freezer to stand them upright.